How we share your information
We may share your personal information with the following:
- Government agencies and departments
- Our employees and officers
- Commercial lenders
- Specialist funders
- Fraud prevention agencies
- Credit enforcement agencies
- Data destruction agencies
- Third party companies and organisations who offer services that may be of assistance to you where we cannot provide the service you require (in this instance, we would only ever share your personal data with your prior permission).
For further information on how your information is used, how we maintain the security of your information and your rights to access/alter and change information we hold about you, please contact email@example.com.
From time to time, we would like to contact you by post, email, telephone and text with details of Products, Information, News and Competitions. We will only contact you in this way and for these purposes if you have given your consent.
Where we store your personal data
We have a data protection regime in place to oversee the effective and secure processing of your personal data.
Your data is stored electronically on our cloud encrypted server; our server is based in the UK. For the purposes of IT hosting and maintenance, your personal data may be transferred to servers within the European Union.
Paper-based records are kept in locked secure office premises. All client files/data are backed up to ensure maximum security of confidential information is maintained.
How long we keep your personal data
We are required to keep your basic personal data, such as name, address, and contact details. This will be kept indefinitely by us within the European Union so that we can comply with the rules and guidance dictated by HMRC, the ICAEW, and Professional Indemnity Terms and Conditions as set by our insurer.
Other personal data will be retained for no longer than necessary to protect our commercial and operational interests, which include fraud prevention, use in legal proceedings and for HMRC compliance and taxation purposes.
Information used for marketing will be kept by us until you notify us that you no longer wish to appear on our marketing database.
If you would like more information on our data retention periods, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are your rights?
As a Data Subject, you have the following rights:
- The right to request a copy of all personal data we hold about you (a fee will be payable for excessive requests)
- The right to request correction of personal data we hold about you if it incorrect or incomplete
- The right to deletion of personal data we hold about you where there is no compelling reason for us to continue to hold it
- The right to restrict our data processing activities
- The right to request transfer of your personal data to a third party
- The right to object to processing if the lawful basis is legitimate interest or performance of a task in the public interest or if the processing is direct marketing
- The right to file a complaint with the ICO (www.ico.org.uk).
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact our Data Protection Manager (James Mason) who will investigate the matter.